Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Dream Come True, Almost

Co-host, that's my dream job. Sure hosting a show would be awesome, but for my money co-hosting is the better gig. As a co-host I would be the guy who introduces the host at the top of the show. The guy who can get away with the random, inappropriate comment. The guy who gets to be the buffoon to the host's straight man. Ed McMahon and Andy Richter were the kings of co-hosting and my idols.

Sadly, co-hosting is a lost art form. The co-host has been replaced by the band leader (probably to save money and give some TV exec a big bonus). I may never get to have my dream job, but thanks to Live Wire I came close, sort of, at least for one night.

At the last big show I was in, my good friend Tyler, who normally does the show intros, had other commitments and couldn't perform. I was tapped, at the last minute, to be the "intro guy" and my Love, Gorky, shot the whole thing on video!

Now, I'm gonna show it to you, but first a brief explanation.

Every Live Wire show starts with what we call a "cold open." A cold open is just a quick sketch that always ends with the audience screaming out "Live Wire." After the crowd screams, the band starts to play our theme music and then there's a quick show intro.

So, here's me, in the cold open and the show intro. I apologize to my friends down under for my horrid attempt at an accent.



Do you have a dream job? Do you want to leave me some love?

4 Comments:

  • Humm... accents are hard to pull off in print.
    No. Not at a dream job yet - currently, daydreaming about the dream job on someone else's payroll.
    Merry Christmas!
    (w/love)

    By Blogger Dorko, at 13:11  

  • dorko: Yeah. *sigh* :-)
    Happy Holidays to you too Love.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 00:25  

  • Oh my friend, I am a great Live Wire fan. Your co-hosting was perfecto!
    best regards,
    neil

    By Blogger neilornstein, at 18:00  

  • neilornstein: Aww... (blush) thanks.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 10:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home