Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book a Week

At the beginning of this month I experienced something I have not experienced in a very, very long time. I had money in my pocket.

So, I went and bought myself a stack of books. Well, four books, a small stack. (The Ghost Brigades, Choke, The Queen of Bedlam, Dust) I had no intention of zipping through those books the way I did. Like giving a starving man free lunch at Hometown Buffet. Devouring the first stack of books like that put an idea in my head.

I started to wonder if I could keep that pace up and read a book a week for a year. I couldn't get the idea out of my head. I kept wrestling with the thought and then I sort of dared myself to do it. Which led me to going and getting my second stack of books. (The picture above.)

A book a week is a big deal for me. I love to read, but I never seem to get through as many books as I would like. Last year I read, maybe twelve books and it seems like everybody I talk to reads more than I do. (Although, I think a lot of people lie about how much they actually read.)

So, I've accepted my own challenge and I'm going to try and read a book a week for the next year. Thank God/dess Stumptown is home to the worlds greatest bookstore.

Have you read any good books lately? Have you left any love lately?

4 Comments:

  • Wow! That's a great challenge you've set for yourself. Sounds like fun! I love reading but unfortunately don't think I'd manage 1 book per week for a whole year :(
    Currenlty just started reading "no one belongs here more than you" by Miranda July. So far it's awesome!
    Good luck with the challenge :)

    By Blogger Hey Harriet, at 21:24  

  • If you haven't read it yet, may I suggest Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

    - * - * -

    kiss, kiss, love, love, heavy flirting, wiggling of eyebrows...mmmMMmmm

    cat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15:05  

  • hey harriet: Thanks. I will need the luck to keep up the pace.
    love

    catnapping:OH! That is actually one of the books on my list.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 12:42  

  • Greaat post

    By Anonymous David, at 04:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home