Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Blanket

This is my picture for Illustration Friday the theme is blanket. "Blanket" was drawn on a piece of scratch paper with a Faber-Castle 3-H pencil, inked in with a Faber-Castle fine tip artist pen and then colored in PhotoStudio.

This illustration is called blanket because, I wish I had a blanket, to put over my head.

Last week I got a cold sore. I have been getting cold sores for as long as I can remember, but it's been over two years since my last outbreak and this one was a doosey. It looked like my lip had exploded.

Normally an outbreak isn't that big of a deal but, unfortunately, this week I had a little gig. A little gig in front of 4000 people.

When I arrived at the venue for the sound check, It looked like the stage was set far enough away from the audience that I could just hide my face behind the mic. I thought, this won't be too bad. Then they set up the cameras and the JumboTron. Ever time I spoke that night a camera was trained on my face.

So, there was my fifty foot head delivering punch-lines with a ten foot cold sore.

*SIGH*

Someday, I will laugh about this.

Have you ever wanted to cover your face in public? Have you ever wanted to leave me some love?

4 Comments:

  • Of course, there are many performers who do cover their faces... perhaps you could have an alter stage ego for those times when you're sorely pressed to hide your face. I'm sure your fans will still love you, perhaps even twice as much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:55  

  • carla: So, You're saying if I hide my face, the fans will love me twice as much?
    Hmm...
    Thanks. I think.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 18:40  

  • Here is some love, loveā€¦ maybe all the outpouring of love will make you feel better faster, love.

    By Blogger albina, at 09:15  

  • albina: Thanks. Ahh... Yesss... I'm feeling better already. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 00:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home