Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pepe and the Dandelions

I've been playing with my acrylics again. I'm pretty, darn, happy with the way this one turned out. The painting's actual size is 4" x 4", or 10cm x 10cm. I made the canvas myself with some scrap wood and a piece of muslin. Actually, I built the canvas just like a tiny theater flat. (Finally, something I learned in high school came in useful!)

I have been busy as Hell lately, painting and repairing the house my mom just bought. I'm tired, my body is sore, and I still have a couple of weeks of hard work ahead of me. So, today, I took the day off.

I did only two things today. I made the above painting and I baked a cake.

Yummy!

I think I'm going to take tomorrow off too.

Did you ever get your cake and eat it too? Did you ever want to leave some cake love?

5 Comments:

  • love cake but love you more. love

    By Blogger {illyria}, at 00:52  

  • The painting is excellent. The colours work perfectly...the greys so close to the yellows...it works.

    I like the composition, too. It's weird for me to see you making beautiful things, because I still have you stuffed in the "humorous" box.

    Damn, you pesky pegs - switching yourselves around on me!

    I miss you. I miss us all two years ago. But it's wonderful to see your obvious talent. You have a great eye and a mushy, loving heart.

    love,
    cat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15:39  

  • Yes indeed I do!

    Luuuuuv!

    By Blogger Charlotte Hamrick, at 15:01  

  • I love the texture of the painting and the cake looks yummy too.

    By Blogger Laura Bartlett, at 14:34  

  • illyria: Aww... (blush) I will bake myself in a cake for you.
    love

    catnapping: Thanks! I surprise myself every once and a while. I think I must have been channeling when I painted this one?
    I miss us all too. Good Times.
    I do indeed have a mushy heart and you, my Love, are too kind.
    love

    charlotte aka tm: :-)
    love

    laura bartlett: Thanks. Both were delicious. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 10:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home