Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Santa's Butt

This is a picture of a band that never got started. It was drawn on a piece of multi-purpose copy paper and colored in Photoshop. When I was younger I spent a couple years of my life living in Satan's Armpit. I'm not sure how I ended up there. In any case while I lived there I made three really good friends. We always talked about starting a band even though none of us played any instruments and we spent most of are time stoned, looking for a good party or singing to our favorite CDs. Like "The Screaming Blue Messiahs", or "Love and Rockets", or if we were really drunk "The Jazz Butcher". We got drunk together a lot. I remember all four of us were standing around in the kitchen after getting soused one night. We were completely smashed, wasted, loop-de-doo and I sat my ass in the kitchen sink and said, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I passed out with my ass in the sink?" Next thing I know I wake up and everyone has gone to bed. I had passed out with my ass in the sink. Ahh... good times. Anyway, I was talking about the band we never started. I wanted to call the band "Santa's Butt" because if we ever made it big and got to open for a headliner when they announced the show you would hear something like; "Santa's Butt will be opening for Ozzy this weekend." How cool would that be? If I ever actually start a band I will call them "Santa's Butt" or maybe "Chinese Morgan Freeman." Don't laugh. Say it a few times it has a nice ring to it. "Chinese Morgan Freeman", "Chinese Morgan Freeman". Do you love my band names? Will you please leave some love and your band name for me?

20 Comments:

  • I think I used to date Date... :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:40  

  • date Dave, I mean... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20:01  

  • Me it was Brian... Strange. And I loved Black Sabbath! Now I prefer Bach... Don't really know why...
    Love.

    By Blogger merlinprincesse, at 20:17  

  • i was thinking Ear Wax might be an interesting name...or Shrieking Violets?

    By Blogger Catnapping, at 20:56  

  • No I don't love your band names. Love you anyway. Ring in my * is a good name for a band - everyone just fills in the * Love.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 21:57  

  • *VOMIT* *HORK* *VOMIT* Love.

    By Blogger Hellcat, at 21:59  

  • i was in a band kinda like that it was with my boyfriend at the time, he just sat around blaming me for not having any gigs so i dumped him and turned him to stone now he's at the bottom of the sea.... oh and i love you.

    By Blogger RedT0pMedusa, at 22:42  

  • hehe that's nifty i dig

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22:58  

  • i once wanted to start a band despite not playing any instruments. the farthest i got was begging my brother, who was in a hardcore band, if i could scream onstage with him. he said no. love.

    By Blogger Kim, at 04:37  

  • My band was called Pizza.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08:23  

  • kitty vomit?
    cat box!

    i love you again.

    By Blogger Catnapping, at 10:52  

  • The best name for a band is: "the best name for a band ever"....or "squirrel nuts".

    Detlef
    http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:48  

  • Back in the days when everyone listened to cassette tapes I thought "Head Cleaner" would be a great name for a band. You could tell your fans that, like the Beatles, you were in 'most everyone's collections.

    I can't leave any more love because you'll be getting a huge ego and then I'll have to hate you. Call it "preventative medicine".

    By Blogger andrea, at 21:59  

  • oh...i dunno, andrea...i might hesitate to use that name...ever since the days of monica and bill...

    [tee hee]

    By Blogger Catnapping, at 14:18  

  • elsa: Date Date? Is that like speed dating? I tried speed dating once. Let me tell you there is no real difference between a meth whore and a crack whore.
    love

    elsa: Maybe? Dave was kind of a slut. (If you happen to read this Dave, just kidding, but you where.)
    love

    merlinprincesse: Why do you love only things starting with the letter B? It is because you are Borg?

    catnapping: Ear Wax! Nice! I just remembered another name I liked was "Human Cud". Shrieking Violets was already a band. Good name though.
    love

    anonymous: Nice!
    love

    sandbox: YES! HORK! Is a great name for a band!
    love

    redt0pmedusa: YOUR IN THE MAFIA!? I don't know nothin!
    love

    musetigerbrooke: Why are you hiding redt0pmedusa?
    love

    kimberly: Bah! Brothers! So, your a screamer eh? If I ever get a band together you are welcome to come scream on stage any time.
    love

    kickstand: Yummy! Maybe it should have been called "Free beer and pizza". (I dig your blog!)
    love

    catnapping: I sense a theme? :-)
    love

    detlef: Like "The Band"! I love "The Band". Have you ever seen "The Last Waltz"? Great Film! Would you rather have Squirrel Nuts or Squirrel Nut Zipper?
    love

    andrea: Hmm... maybe. :-(
    love

    catnapping: Bwhahahahahaha. How randy!
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 15:42  

  • I don't know-Ass in the sink has a nice ring to it, non? Love

    By Blogger Todd DeWolf, at 07:41  

  • Love for you...my band that never got started was Pussy Wagon...all girls band, of course.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 10:51  

  • holly: HA HA! Ass in the Sink is pretty good! :-)
    love

    big a: That's a pretty good name too. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 00:18  

  • Here here re: Lancaster! LOL

    Lovely art... really enjoy it!

    Much love!

    By Blogger Madley, at 01:06  

  • madley: Wee Hee. Thanks love. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 01:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home