Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Plop

Plop was drawn quickly with my gel roller on a scrap of multi-purpose copy paper. I screwed up my head so I cut it off, drew a new one, taped it to the first picture and then cleaned it up and colored it in Photoshop.

The rumors are not true. I haven't vanished. It’s just that I was so busy my butt cheeks fell off. I can't tell you how embarrassing that was. Thank God/dess it happened at a rehearsal and not during a performance. Anyhow, with the assistance of the cast and a roll of duct tape, I got my ass back together and back to work. The filming stuff this weekend was fun, exhausting and painful. I got sunburned and I think I burned my retinas out by looking toward the sun trying not to squint because the camera was rolling. I also had the joy of working with a four year old. What was it W.C. Fields said about working with kids? Heh, heh... Fun. Just kidding. On the plus side; I did get to see some friends I haven't seen in years, the crew was fantastic and they fed me well, very well, which is good because no one's getting paid.

I also had to do a dinner theater show on Saturday night. That show licked balls, but at least it paid. (I feel dirty.) Then I had a rehearsal on Monday for an improv show on Saturday. Tuesday I had rehearsal for a radio show on Friday. (Thanks for getting me the gig Jonpaul. Sorry I called you a bastard.) Tonight is the tech rehearsal for that show and tomorrow I have to study the script for another ball licking show on Tuesday. Oh yeah, and the bathroom still needs to get finished. I hope the duct tape lasts that long.

Of course, now that I have no free time I'm getting lots of ideas for posts. I'm gonna try and catch up on comments right now, but this snails pace dial up connection I'm working from may drive me crazy before I get all the way finished. Anyhow, that's my excuse for not being around lately and not visiting any other blogs.

I miss you all. (sigh)

Have you worked your butt off lately? Have you left any love lately?

14 Comments:

  • Funny! oops sorry to laugh at your misfortune.

    I see they plopped at exactly the same instant because of one "plop". Those are cute butt cheeks if I may say so.

    Filming is a lot of fun, but stressful!

    By Blogger Gabrielle, at 15:58  

  • Been missin' ya! LOVE!

    By Blogger TravelingMermaid, at 18:18  

  • We have the same problem Honey. Damn work!!! Heh heh! But I still have time to leave you LOVE...
    Love! And another one.... For the road! ... LOVE! :)

    By Blogger merlinprincesse, at 20:12  

  • gabrielle: Heh, heh. Someone finally noticed my good side. :-)
    love

    travelingmermaid: Sorry. I feel guilty about not visiting other blogs more often. I guess that's what happens when you are only 55% evil. ;-)
    love

    merlinprincesse: Aww... sweet. :-)
    Love the lips BTW.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 20:37  

  • Glad you got well fed those bones of yours are looking a bit thin... except for the hairy legs of course!

    Love

    By Blogger Caroline, at 01:20  

  • Hahaha! That was a hoot - thanks!

    I'm really stressed out at the moment, work is crazy, and I've been feeling kinda weird - now I know why! *still giggling*

    Love,
    Carra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 02:19  

  • caroline: I look much thicker in real life. I do have some hair on my legs though. :-p
    love

    carra: Quick! Get some duct tape! :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 10:41  

  • why is the universe making us work so hard when all we want to do is create??? why why why??? you are creating when you work though...nevermind...:) hope you have a chance to let your butt heal soon...XXXOOO

    By Blogger Lee, at 18:46  

  • I'm glad you wrote "butt cheeks", my initial thought was that you had breast implants on your back...

    Aww, miss you too! Be good!

    By Blogger Angie Pansey, at 19:12  

  • When I was a kid, my Dad would threaten to unscrew my bellybutton so my butt would fall off. Looks like he got you.

    By Blogger warren, at 19:48  

  • LOL... Hope your butt catches up with itself soon.. :-) I know the feeling.

    Thanks for sparing us the time, and giving us the laughs..

    By Blogger Chandira, at 12:01  

  • ioana: From me personally or or from everyone? :-)
    love

    lee: I know exactly what you mean and thanks. :-)
    love

    super freak: Ha!
    Aww... :-)
    love

    warren: That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. If you unscrew your bellybutton your head pops off. Everyone knowns that. :-p
    love

    chandira: heh, heh. Thanks. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 13:53  

  • cutting heads off and regluing butt cheeks,your life sounds tough... here is some love, though.

    By Blogger albina, at 14:16  

  • albina: Would that be tough love? :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 15:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home