Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Banana Pancakes

For my birthday Gorky gave me some acrylic paints, a plethora of brushes and this super cool canvas paper. This is my first attempt at painting with these materials. I haven'’t quite figured out how to mix colors and I didn'’t center the plate very well. That'’s what bothers me about the painting. Gorky says I'’m too hard on myself. Maybe I just need some banana pancakes.

Here's the photo I tried to paint.

As far as I'’m concerned banana pancakes are good for what ails you. If you come to my house feeling under the weather, I will make you some banana pancakes.

Recently dumped by your boyfriend? Come over and I will make you some banana pancakes.

Did your team lose the big game? Stop by, I will heat up the griddle and make you some banana pancakes.

Did you just sever a major artery in a freak weed whacker accident? Knock on my door, I'’ll take you to the hospital and when you get out come by again, I'‘ll make you the most delicious banana pancakes and you'’ll feel better.

If you want to try making your own vegan banana pancakes here'’s the recipe. I promise they will taste better than they look in the painting.

1 ¼ cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Sift the flour and mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix them well. Then add;

2 Tbsp oil
1 ¼ cup soymilk or water if you'’re out of soymilk.

Mix the liquids in with a fork. Do Not; I repeat Do Not mix the batter with a spoon! You want the batter to be lumpy. Finally, add and mix in one thinly sliced ripe banana.

Cook the pancakes in a frying pan on medium heat with just a dash of oil, about 2 minutes on each side. Always drop a small amount of batter into the pan as a “tester pancake” to make sure the pan is hot enough.

Another trick to getting the perfect pancake is, let the damn thing cook! You can tell the pancake is ready to be flipped when the edges start to cook. Many a pancake has been ruined by constantly peeking under the pancake to see if it'’s ready for flipping.

This recipe will make about six, three inch pancakes. Stack them up, add a little cube of soy margarine and cover with syrup! And please, only use real maple syrup. Enjoy!

By the way, I'll try and catch up with the comments soon. Sorry for the absence.

Do you love to cook? Do you love me?

15 Comments:

  • Speaking of Pancakes- I once worked at Waffle House for 1 day. The store was robbed and I was shot at for arguing with the robber, he wanted me to open the register and I had no frickin clue how to do it, so he shot at me to scare me and grazed my ear. After all said and done, police come and gone- I ordered a grilled cheese and tomato sandwhich and quit. While sitting at the bus stop, I got shot at again by some lil gang bangers- put a hole right through my bus stop seat. Needless to say I do not eat waffles or ever ever patronage a Waffle House.

    But Banana pancakes sound good. I need directions to your crib, I'm coming over...

    By Blogger nouseforaname, at 14:31  

  • If you are shot, I will plug the hole and make you some banana pancakes.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 14:50  

  • a little bit for me ???
    your pancake seems divine ;-))))
    just to send hugsssss !!

    By Blogger luisa brehm, at 18:09  

  • 'like the pancake painting!
    I have been a little "down in the dumps", but I can't come by for pancakes....you live too far away.I guess I'll have to make my own. Love

    By Blogger Janet, at 19:30  

  • They say that a "perfect" picture or painting shouldn't be "perfectly" centered. I love the painting. And thanks for the recipe too.

    Sounds delish! LOVE

    By Blogger TheyDHD, at 22:47  

  • Syrupy love! Cookin and lovin ya ...

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 03:22  

  • I love to cook, and I love pancakes. And I had a dream about eating breakfast while standing in the lunch line, and getting miffed about getting jacked by my friends as they got up in line, and I got left behind, and got leftovers for lunch, while they all ate yummy fresh food.

    Think I was hungry while I was dreaming?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 05:19  

  • these pancakes are making my mouth water,I'm in dire need of pancakes! but I don't know where you live and it's probably across an ocean,maybe you could airmail me some if I send you some love?
    "love"

    By Blogger Fossfor, at 08:50  

  • I love to cook. Love banana pancakes. Thanks for giving me a craving for them now! Love that you got new art supplies (belated HB, BTW) and are trying something new - looks like you have a talent for acrylics!

    By Blogger Cindy, at 12:29  

  • I think your painting looks good! And those banana pancakes sound de-lish!

    love

    By Blogger Joy Eliz, at 13:08  

  • Like I said to someone else that paints, You painted that way better than I would have ever done.

    By Blogger Charles, at 15:00  

  • I think acrylics are more difficult then many other mediums; I don't understand them at all; like poster paints with attitudes!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:38  

  • Happy belated birthday! :( And tons of love! :)

    By Blogger merlinprincesse, at 16:35  

  • I love cooking- This recipe looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

    Happy Birthday~ Big hugs and lots of love!

    By Blogger Regina, at 22:15  

  • luisa brehm: They are!
    I'm not sure how they would hold up in the mail though. :-)
    love

    janet: Thanks.
    Let me know how they turn out and if they make you feel batter, I mean better.
    Bwhahahahahahahaha... ahem.
    love

    whimspiration: What!? Not centered!?
    But, I'm a libra, I need balance. :-)
    love

    anonymous: Yummy! :-)
    love

    foundme: Hmm... weird. :-)
    love

    fossfor: Maybe if I throw them like frisbees they will fly like magic healing pancakes...
    Nope. They just landed on the front lawn.
    Sorry. :-)
    love

    cindy: Thanks and thank and thanks. (blush)
    :-)
    love

    joy eliz: Thanks. Yummy! :-)
    love

    charles: Aww... thanks. :-)
    love

    ascenderrisesabove: Ha!
    Yeah, I was suprised at how little control I had. It will take some getting used to. :-)
    love

    merlinprincesse: Thanks Love! :-)
    love

    creative kismet: Hooray!
    Let me know how they turn out! :-)
    love

    cornpone: Yo bitch, thanks!
    I checked out the link. That's pretty cool, but only a 7.3 rating. Now I must go into a deep depression or try to improve my charlatan skills. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 17:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home