Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Monday, January 15, 2007

More Than I Can Chew

It suddenly occurred to me I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

"More Than I Can Chew" was drawn on the back of the January 3 date from my "Get Fuzzy" desk calendar with a Faber-Castle 3-H pencil, then inked in with my Gel-Roller and colored in PhotoStudio. I drew this illustration early this morning, around 2am, when I should have been in bed. It's expresses how I'm feeling right now.

I hope everyone is having a great New Year. My started with a few horrible events, that turned out to be blessings in disguise.

First, of course, was our PC crashing. I thought I would be computerless for a few months, but we ended up getting a new, better, easier to use, PC within a week. (Thanks to Gorky.)

The same week the PC crashed, I walked out on an acting job. I probably should have quit months ago, but I kept hoping things would get better. Things didn’t get better and I finally blew up.

Long story short, she (the boss) tried not to pay me for the work I had done the month before. She even threatened to sue me. I, being the pig-headed jerk I am, showed up while she was auditioning new actors and told her she needed to pay me or I would start coming to her shows and asking where my money was. Two days later, I received my check and an e-mail telling me, that even though she could have sued me for everything I’m worth ($5.35) and against the advice of her lawyer, she was going to pay me.

After I got paid, I realized how much more relaxed I was not having to worry about working for an unorganized moron. Then I realized I didn’t have any work lined up for the next three months. (Panic starts to set in.)

Two weeks, later here I am booked until the end of May. Here’s why.

The 48HR film project I was a part of last year (Tooth and Nail) is one of the five, nationwide finalist, so our crew will be making another 48HR film over last weekend in January to determine the winner.

I now have three different improv shows coming up. The first opens in February and is loosely based on MST3K. Then Thursdays in March I’ll be performing improv about the injustices in relationships with "The League of Justice" and ever Friday and Saturday in March I have brainwaves shows.

I'm also involved in forming a new Murder Mystery Cocktail Party Theater Company that will be opening a show in May that I'm going to direct, and have a small role in.

I also have Live Wire shows once a month. This month at Live Wire I get to meet the great cartoonist Callahan and the super cool band Everclear! I’m the luckiest boy in the world!

I have one other project coming up that I'm extremely excited and nervous about. Drumroll please! I'm going to have an art show!

I know! I can't believe it either!

The theater brainwaves will be performing in has a little art gallery in their lobby and I just happened to mention I had some art I'd like to show off, if the gallery was going to be free during the brainwaves run. The theater said yes! I was stunned!

Now, I need to decide what's worth showing off, get some prints made and frame a few things.

I feel a little guilty about getting a gallery show, since I don't really consider myself an artist. I wonder if I’ll still feel that way after I actually sell something.

Anyway Loves, I gotta run!

Do you ever feel guilty about the lucky breaks in your life? Do you ever feel guilty about not leaving me some love?

18 Comments:

  • Oh, good for you!!!!
    And you ARE an artist....that's what drew me to your blog. Now I want to explore your theatre side too.

    Everything happens for a reason, mon ami!
    Lotsa love 4U!!

    By Blogger TravelingMermaid, at 15:57  

  • travelingmermaid: Well, if you say so.
    Please, just don't explore my backside. Gorky might get angry. :-P
    Thanks Love.
    Go Saints! :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 23:15  

  • *VOMIT*
    Guilty? MWAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA.
    Love.

    By Blogger Hellcat, at 23:37  

  • hellcat: A-Ha! I had a feeling.
    *VOMIT*
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 15:19  

  • well, this is just grand!! i'm so proud of you, brokering a deal for your fabu art. two ideas, neither of which you asked for:

    wouldn't it be cool to print up some version of the blog accompanying your art (if you choose any of the stuff we've been lucky enough for you to have shared with us here), and mount it on the back of the framed piece? a little history for the buyer...

    and here are a few i would love to see in your show, and would shell out good money for: peace, a brisk walk towards winter, buzz II, trees in blue, smoke, the gorge

    best of luck on all your work, and guilt (especially over your art, which ROCKS) is just plain stupid. and i know you're not stupid.

    xoxop

    By Blogger patsypalooza, at 10:12  

  • patsypalooza: Thanks.
    Yeah, I've thought about doing something like that. We'll see?
    Good picks, but I can't remember what "Smoke" is?
    How embarrassing.
    Thanks again, wait... did you just call me stupid? :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 15:14  

  • Beautiful turn of events! LOVE

    By Blogger TheyDHD, at 13:10  

  • I have the same feeling. *VOMIT* Love.

    By Blogger Hellcat, at 01:11  

  • careful! your lips are getting too close to that pig's butthole!

    you are one busy man! and you ARE an artist. i'm excited that you're getting recognized. braVO.

    By Blogger catnapping, at 12:17  


  • ~love

    By Blogger LDahl, at 09:43  

  • you overachiever you!

    By Blogger {illyria}, at 03:25  

  • Of course you are an artist!.....and yes, I do feel guilty for not leaving love...I didn't realize it had been so long!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

    By Blogger Janet, at 20:58  

  • I told you! I told you!

    I don't exactly remember what I told you, but it was about an exhibition or a book... does that make me an extra-lucid?

    I'm really, really happy for you!
    :O)
    LOVE

    P.S. I don't feel guilty about the lucky breaks in my life, but I do feel guilty about not leaving you some love?
    So, LOVE and KISSES

    By Blogger crazzy piggy, at 18:01  

  • OMG... I connected myself under my other personnality... Hee, hee.....
    Sorry for that.

    love

    By Blogger Clo, at 05:28  

  • I once raised a lil piggy, and showed him in 4H (I was indeed a nerd, before I got boobs and got hot...) I raised him til he was nice and big and then we slaughtered him and ate him... I became a vegetarian shorty thereafter... you gotta cook the pig to eat it, skins are only good fried... but ya know to each there own...

    By Blogger nouseforaname, at 05:31  

  • whimspiration: Thanks. :-)
    love

    hellcat: OH! So, it's not just me.:-)
    love

    catnapping: Ha!
    Thanks Love. That means a lot to me, coming from you. :-)
    love

    patsypalooza: Ha! You crack me up. :-)
    love

    ldahl: :-)
    love

    {illyria}: It's so unlike me. :-)
    love

    janet: Thanks. :-)
    Not as guilty as I feel for not taking the time to surf all my Loves.
    love

    crazy piggy: OK, OK.
    Extra-lucid? Mabye you were on a spirit walk or drunk.
    Thanks for the support Love. I would have the art show now without all the great people who read this silly blog. :-)
    love

    clo: Now I know YOUR secret identity! BWAhahahahahahaha... :-0
    love

    shroom-monkey: You just became even hotter to me, now that I know you're a vegitarian. Let's rub some carrot sticks together. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 11:27  

  • Yer outta control!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 22:54  

  • mike: I KNOW! :-p
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 08:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home