Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Discovery

This is my picture for Illustration Friday the theme is discovery. "Discovery" was made with watercolor pencils and my Gel-Roller on watercolor paper.

I got this one in just under the wire. It's supposed to be a picture, of one of those moments, when you discover things aren't exactly the way you thought they were.

Originally I was going to do a bunch of small sketches depicting moments like the one above, in all sorts of different locations, but I got so into the first picture, I decided to do a big watercolor of the first sketch.

This is the original sketch.


I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Even if it did take me all week to finish.

It's been a pretty emotional week for me. I think I had a moment like the one above. I was going to go into a lot of detail, but I'm tired and I have a big show tomorrow.

I did learn; Beware who you go into business with. (this refers to "Knife", not LW.) I also got a small raise this week and a heavy dose of, wake-up-dumb-ass and I sold a painting at a silent auction to benefit FFRT. It sold for $40.00.

Feet and Bonus Footage. This is the painting that sold.


Anyhow, Loves, I need some sleep.

When was your last moment of discovery? When was the last time you left me some love?

11 Comments:

  • Wicked drawings!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 23:05  

  • i love the painting. love

    By Blogger {illyria}, at 01:30  

  • I've just discovered, it's been ages since I left you some love, too long! Love your feet paintings! And I can relate to that 2:00am revelation...hang in there! And good luck with the show.

    By Blogger Heartful, at 05:00  

  • My last moment of discovery was finding your painting is actually on watercolour paper and not toilet paper. Love.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 16:59  

  • congratulations on your sold painting. it was one of my favorites. very funny "footage."

    i missed geeky. i'm still working on it. i despair of ever finishing "geeks sharing lifts"...

    too late for geeky, if i ever do finish it, it'll hafta be put up for something else.

    oh. and before i forget...

    LOVE, and lots of it.

    By Blogger Catnapping, at 12:55  

  • It's been so long since i loved you! I'm sorry love. Your paintings are wonderful and I can see why they sold! LOve!!!

    By Blogger valerie walsh, at 15:28  

  • alina chau: That is because I'm evil.
    Bwhahahahahahahahaha...
    love

    illyria: Thanks Love. :-)
    love

    the heartful blogger: Aww... (blush) thanks. That means a lot to me. :-)
    love

    anonymous: I use the TP for my diorama.
    Bwahahahahaha... er.
    love

    catnapping: I tell ya, if I don't get something done right away, it usually sits around half finished for a very long time. I have about 300 half finished projects. :-)
    love

    valgalart: Aww, sweet. Thanks Love.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 14:25  

  • congrats on your sale.. and I really like the expression on the self discovery!.... makes you wonder 'when' the skin went. (mind you we can look in the mirror some days and guess it probably happened one day at a time) Neat blog you have here and interesting reading as well.

    Thankyou for your comment

    By Blogger Janice Ykema, at 04:27  

  • janice: Thanks and thanks.
    Wow. (blush) Thanks Love.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 14:15  

  • You're a Guiness
    ~that's right, a dark beer

    By Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle, at 15:15  

  • shane: Mmm... beer.
    What? What were you saying?
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 12:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home