Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Time

This is my picture for Illustration Friday the theme is time. "Time" was sketched on to the back of the February 2 page of my "Get Fuzzy" desk calendar, copied onto a piece of watercolor paper using a Faber-Castle fine tip artist pen, colored with watercolors, and then given a final inking in with a Faber-Castle, fine tip, artist pen once again.

I am always obsessed with the amount of time I don't have. That makes it hard to focus on what I'm doing with the time I have right this moment.

Of course, worrying about time at all is a waste of time. Time is a man made concept that moves from the past, to the future, but always in the now.

Time for me to go.

Did you ever try to save time? Did you ever try to leave me some love?

11 Comments:

  • Sometimes I try save time in order to build up time credits so I can then waste time. Does that make sense?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 00:39  

  • Cool piece. I do try to save time, but lately I'm practicing slowing down and savor the moment...not easy.

    By Blogger get zapped, at 13:08  

  • I think time is fascinating. Does it really exist, or is it some construct we've invented to organize the way we think of our world?

    I could go insane thinking on that.

    A great piece. I'm glad to see you. I have missed you so very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14:09  

  • detlef: I waste time without saving any and some times, like today, I end up with free time.
    love

    isay: Thanks! :-)
    love

    get zapped: Thanks.
    Yeah, savoring the moment is hard.
    love

    catnapping: Time is an odd thing and now my brain hurts.
    I love clocks.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 15:28  

  • Marvelous and colorful!- John

    By Blogger Random York, at 20:25  

  • Lol! Great idea, and you've gotta love the skull! :) I love the detailing on his legs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:12  

  • Totally dig this. Great take.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:03  

  • I'm just loving it that you are back...kick out the jam Unknown! You go, yeah!
    ~Love

    By Blogger LDahl, at 20:46  

  • like how u show that even living in the now we're all still slowly dying.
    nice concept. michael dailey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04:34  

  • HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

    By Blogger isay , at 00:23  

  • 1. Yes, I try to save time. It almost always ends up costing me more time.
    2. Yes, I tried to leave you some love. On the packing illustration.
    3. Here is some love for this one: xo
    4. If you were facing upside down on the clock, wouldn't you be headed back in time? If we all stood on our heads, could we go into the past? Do you believe in time travel?
    5. Thanks for your time.

    By Blogger Fantastic Forrest, at 09:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home