Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Gorge

This is another attempt at using acrylics. It's a painting of the Columbia Gorge at night. The image didn't scan very well and the picture looks much better in person. If you don't believe me, come on over and I'll prove it.

Several years ago I wanted to disappear, so I got a job as the night auditor at a hotel that sat right on the river in the Gorge. Most nights when things went smoothly I could finish all my work in two hours, leaving me six hours to read, write, think, wander the halls of the hotel, or sit on the back deck smoking cigarettes looking at the Gorge.

I spent many a night on that deck smoking and thinking. I even saw the aurora borealis a couple times out there. I never did disappear, but I did quit smoking eventually.

This picture is not the view from the hotel, just the way the Gorge looks in my head.

Have you ever tried to disappear? Have you left any love lately?

13 Comments:

  • omg, this is really beautiful. I love that deep blue in the sky.

    I remember the first time I saw the northern lights, I had no idea what was happening.

    excellent piece, unknown.

    i lub you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:57  

  • catnapping: Aww... thanks.
    The first time I saw the northern lights, I was driving across I-84 and had to stop because I kept seeing this wierd green glow and thought I was having flashbacks.
    Thanks Lub. :-)
    love

    scarecrow: Ha!
    Are you sure they didn't just build a Starbucks where you were hiding??
    BWhahahahahahahahaha... ahem. :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 11:56  

  • Nice illustration. Cool perspective.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:25  

  • I'm always invisible and try hard to dissapear. The Gorge looks like a good place to jump! Love.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 23:04  

  • dilaudid: Thanks :-)
    love

    anonymous: If you're invisible why do you need to dissapear?
    I thought about jumping a time or two.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 13:25  

  • Can you see me? No. But I'm still here! Being Anonymous isn't easy. THINGS COME IN THREES!!!
    Love.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 16:01  

  • I am coming to see it in person. OK? Prepare the champagne and the caviar!
    Love!

    By Blogger merlinprincesse, at 18:12  

  • Fantastic picture. You deserve some mad LOVE for this painting.

    By Blogger Mike, at 00:09  

  • this is gorgeous.

    wow. i really meant that as i typed it. then i realized: GORGEous. i am corny without even trying. does that make me vegetarian?

    i lurve this one, mr. unknown. keep at it!!!

    xoxop

    By Blogger patsypalooza, at 11:41  

  • Wow...you're doing great with your acrylics!No, I've never tried to disappear...although lately I feel as if I might as well be invisible......Love

    By Blogger Janet, at 13:48  

  • anonymous: What's the third thingy?
    love

    merlinprincesse: How about if I prepare the pancakes and beer? :-)
    love

    bobdylan8: :-) Thanks and thanks.
    love

    patsypalooza: Aww... thanks.
    Bwhahahahahaha... I love corn. :-)
    love

    janet: Thanks! They're pretty fun to work with when I can find the time.
    I've felt invisible a time or two myself.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 17:41  

  • No, I haven't left any love lately - my bad! Love this illo. So serene and we all need serenity sometimes,eh?
    Love from The Mermaid

    By Blogger TravelingMermaid, at 21:05  

  • travelingmermaid: Ha. Indeed! :-)
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 00:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home