Bad Art I Am Compelled To Share

Thursday, May 21, 2009

2 Down 163 To Go

"Poof" the big version (24"x18")

Another piece for the show done. 2 down 163 to go.


Poof is a magic sound. It's the sound of something disappearing.

Some years back I was on the phone with Kiari, my ex-wife. (A word I loathe.) We had been separated for a few months and I was having a hard time getting over her. Kiari, who is one of the smartest people on the planet, gave me some advice. Our conversation went something like this;

Me: I just can’t figure out how to let go.

Her: Grab a pen. I going to tell you a secret.

Me: All right, I have a pen.

Her: I’m going to tell you the secret to letting go. Starting with your palm up, I want you to make a fist around the pen and squeeze it as tight as you can.

Me: Doing it.

Her: Now, Turn your fist over and hold it out in front of you.

Me: OK.

Her: Now . . . LET GO!

I did let go, the pen hit the floor and I was hit with an epiphany. In order to let go, all I had to do was choose to let go.

That's what the picture means to me.

Also had some time to work on my "Dream One" miniatures.
Busy, busy, busy. Feels good to actually make use of my day off.

Are you busy chasing the dream? Are you going to leave me some love?

2 Comments:

  • lost touch… hard to transfer the love without touching… ANYWAYS… thought I';d drop by an see what you've been up to… and your latest post put some kind of special mojo on me because the browser went "poof!" and all was lost… now I need some love…

    best to your in your quest… I recently was part of a group art show at the Museum of Contemporary Art… a lot of fun but the paintings were so old I had to scrape dust off them… I need to start painting again…

    By Blogger Michael G. O’Connell, at 13:25  

  • Knew you had a talent for art, but now I see for writing as well. I experienced "My Pitcher" post, and "Poof" post as raw, and visceral... How courageous and bold to share your evolution. You have a gift for using words to convey emotion. Keep writing!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home